Dogs and cats can smell lots of funny things and for lots of different reasons...
Tartar can be very, very painful, and if there are bad bacteria under the gums, these bad bacteria can enter the blood and, in the worst case, it can develop into other secondary diseases. But you yourself know that it hurts in the teeth,
can just make you really tired and angry :-(
Bad breath: bad breath is one of the most frequent odor nuisances in dogs and cats, and the bad breath is relatively easy to get rid of:
- Brush the dog's teeth 1-2 times a day (a bit difficult to brush the teeth of cats, probably not many cats bother with it). There are many different toothpastes and with many different flavors.
- Get the dog/cat to have its teeth cleaned 1-2 times a year at your local vet,
- Use other cleaning food or at least 30% of the teeth cleaning food in the dog's/cat's daily food, then it is as good as brushing teeth.
- Use teeth-cleaning treats such as chewing sticks, meat bones, etc.
- Use Plaque Off daily on the dog's/cat's food, powder that dissolves the plaques on their bites, and it is precisely the plaques that turn into tartar.
- yes, and then you can use mouthwash, toothpaste and much more
Help your doggy and/or kitten, keep an eye on their teeth
- poor dental care is the number 1 disease in dogs and cats.
The most important thing you need to decide is what is realistic that you can fit into your routines?
If you don't feel you can/have time to brush your teeth daily, then use, for example, the solution with the food, we are very happy with and have good experience with Hill's Science Plan Oral Care , they have both food for dogs and cats ( and no, it doesn't matter whether the food is for dogs or cats, they can't share, there is, among other things, too much protein in cat food for dogs and too little protein in dog food, and the cat will also lack taurine compared to what the cat need. So stick to dog food for the dogs and cat food for the cats :)
Bad breath due to eating Feces:
Cat excrement, dog excrement, old food, snails and much more are just a delicacy - if you are a dog... but it does not smell very good to humans, and certainly not if it comes out of the dog's mouth as bad breath...
- pick up the crap, also in the garden. In this way, you also reduce the likelihood that the dog/cat will get or become infected with worms...
- you can try giving the dog B-Vitamin, this should change the taste of the faeces, yes, hard to understand that it should ever taste good, but B-Vitamin should help make the poo unattractive and disgusting ;-D
The smell of wet dog is most often in the dog's undercoat , if it does not have undercoat, then it is even easier to get rid of the smell.
Dogs with undercoat ,
- here you must first comb the dog well,
- then bathe it with dog shampoo , we recommend B & B Organic shampoo, as it is free of parabens, silicone and perfume, and then possibly use conditioner to facilitate detangling.
- The dog must then be dried with a hairdryer
- and comb the bottom with a carde - right down to the skin - then comb it through with a comb with wide gaps, to look for hidden filters.
- Finally, you use a Smart blade or a furminator, which removes the undercoat.
- you can finish with tanglefree from B & B, which keeps the dog tangle-free for longer. Or you can use mink oil from KW, which has an antistatic effect on the fur, facilitates detangling and makes it smell lovely.
You can also do the quick, neat dog with carder and comb, use dry shampoo and then use Smart blade or furminator, but the best solution is obviously bathing.
Dogs without undercoat,
- bathe the dog with dog shampoo , we recommend B & B Organic shampoo, as it is free of parabens, silicone and perfume
- dry the dog with a hair dryer if necessary
- you can finish with tanglefree from B & B, which keeps the dog tangle-free for longer. Or you can use mink oil from KW, which has both an antistatic effect on the fur and makes it smell lovely.
"Urine Off" is a fantastic cleaning agent that both disinfects and removes bad odors and urine crystals. This means that when you have cleaned with "Urine Off", you remove the "Pee spot" as you have removed the marking completely. Cat urine has a very pungent smell, and if you are unlucky enough that the cat has peed on a sofa that cannot be put in the washing machine, the smell can be removed, it just takes several times with "Urine Off"
If you have problems finding out how large the pee series is indoors, "urine off" has made a "Urine Off Finder" , so you can shine a light around your home on walls, panels, furniture and so on, and spots will light up all the way up, and you can get rid of the pee series.
We have several different types of agents, both for outdoor and indoor use. Our products are harmless to both nature and furniture, as long as you use them correctly, you should therefore not use the outdoor products indoors, and the same the other way around.
Rodalon does NOT remove urine crystals and does not act as a disinfectant in places where sulfo has previously been used, i.e. if you have used soap on a surface, the disinfectant in Rodalon is neutralized = does not act as a disinfectant.
As Vetboxen.dk is a collection of local vets, you support your local vet with Vetboxen.dk. We ship everything from the same warehouse, so you don't have to think about driving down to your local vet to pick up feed and other products. Vetboxen.dk therefore also has 1000s of products, so we cover almost all pets' needs, plus you shop locally and in Denmark.