We have started with a 54L aquarium as this is one of the most sold aquarium sizes today. The purchase price is approx. DKK 5-700 for the starter set. You may be sitting right now with just this size, should you need a larger one, just multiply up, as the principle is the same.
What it's all about when starting an aquarium is to ensure that your fish and plants have a place where they can live well and for a long time. And for this to happen, there are some basic things that must be in place.
- the water quality must be good
- there must be places to hide
- there must be plenty of plants (5-7 plants for 54L)
- a temperature of +23 for most fish, some fish need more heat and others less.
- aquarium lights are important for the well-being of the fish and plants and remember to change the tubes once a year
- a good bottom layer (acts as a filter and makes it easier to keep your plants).
This is the basis for ensuring a fish and catfish are well. Below is our suggested shopping list for a brand new aquarium:Read our guide to starting an aquarium here